The congregation offers C.L.A.S.S. 1000 (Christ Leads All from Salvation to Service) several times during the year in order to review the basic teachings of the Christian faith and the vows of membership of the Church. These vows outline our faith commitment and our local congregation association:
- Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world, and repent of your sin?
- Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves.
- Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord, in union with the Church which Christ has opened to people of all ages, nations and races?
- Do you receive and profess the Christian Faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments?
- According to the grace given to you, will you remain a faithful member of Christ's holy Church and serve as Christ's representatives in the World?
- As members of Christ's universal Church, will you be loyal to Christ through the United Methodist Church, and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries?
- As members of this congregation, Saint John's-Newberry, will you faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service and your witness?
Each person desiring to be a part of the Saint John's-Newberry's fellowship is asked to affirm these vows during one of our worship services, Saturday at 5:30 p.m., or Sunday at 8:15 a.m. or 10:45 a.m. Persons may be making their initial affirmation of faith in Jesus Christ. They may be transferring from another United Methodist Church or other Christian community where they have been active in witness and ministry. They may be renewing their faith commitment after a time of inactivity. Regardless of where persons are on their spiritual journey, they are welcomed and encouraged to take this important step of witness and association.
If you have questions about making a commitment to Jesus Christ or about church membership, please contact the church office at 570.326.5569 or email via email@example.com .
Please read more information on the C.L.A.S.S. Information